Monday, March 29, 2010

Ghetto Benchin

warmup
mobility drills

3 rounds
2 HSPU
5 butterfly pullups - getting better but my hands were too sore to do too many today

little bit of kettlebell juggling - I'm starting to get pretty good with this now.

Strength
Floor press
10 @ 45
5 @ 55, 65,70
After doing these sets I decided to make a bench as I felt like i wasn't getting enough range so I set up this bad boy


It looks a little dodgy but it did the job fine. 

5 @ 95 , 115 , 135 , 145 , 155

155 was a pretty good weight. I'll have to be careful using this so I don't fail as it could be nasty if I'm alone. 
Seeing as presses are my biggest weakness I'm going to be doing alot of them in my programming from now on. 

rest 5 mins 

WOD
5 rounds 
40 double unders 
30 box jumps @ 24" 
20 KB swings @ 55lbs 

Time = 18:11

This was brutal. I don't know if it was just fatigue in my legs after the last few days or what but this was really tough. Box jumps were def the worst. 
This was one of those workouts that I completely underestimated. I looked at it initially and thought 'this will be a nice little conditioning at the end of the workout' ..... nope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment