Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sprints

Another new month of pain to come!
I'd love to say I started off with a bang but I had a really average session today. You gota take the good with the bad though right? 
I wasn't really sore after yesterday but my body just felt weak. I took a week off from running though so I need to get the work in. 
I keep getting deviated on my thoughts towards lifting heavier and getting stronger as opposed to focusing on my 1/2 marathon training which is my immediate goal but anyways ....

warm up
4 mile bike ride
mobility drills 
3 rounds of 5 pullups 10 push ups 
couple of muscle ups - working on turnout at the bottom and full extension. 

9 rounds 1 min on 1 min off 
3 @ 9 mph , 2 @ 9.5 moh , 2 @ 10 mph , 2 @ 10.5 mph - The last time I did this one I did it outside and it was brutal. I liked doing it on the treadmill as I could keep the speed constant as outside its hard to gauge but I def should have gone out. 

rest 2 mins 

4 sets of 12 sec on 10 sec off
I set the tread to 12 mph which is the max it goes up to. It was pretty tough after the previous sprints but managed to maintain it. 

rest 5 mins 

3 rounds 
10 toe to bar 
10 back extensions

I've been reading a lot of Louie Simmons stuff recently and decided to do a little lowerback/ab work at the end - first time I have ener done this !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment